Friday, October 17, 2008

Rusty and Canyon

As I stated in an earlier post, Rusty and I recently got a dog, Canyon. Some may/may not know but they are great swimmers because of their webbed feet. On a side note, we are going camping with my family this weekend and Canyon is going with us. This morning, Rusty mentioned giving him a bath since he has that common dog smell that might get a little overwhelming since he will ride in the cab of the truck on our way there. Anyways, as I was giving him bath I realized how Rusty and Canyon have the same hair texture....coarse and water resistant! LOL Rusty has the oddest hair for a Caucasian.....really "wirey" I guess you could call it. His hair, like Canyon's, repels water too. If he were to jump into a swimming pool and be completely submerged his hair would still look dry when he came out of the water. Weird! So, when I was spraying Canyon's coat with water before I actually put shampoo on I noticed that the water was just rolling off hiscoat like it would on Rusty's hair.....LOL Like father like son!

4 comments:

The Hickmans said...

You are sooo funny!! Like father, like son... Ha!!

Cassie said... said...

I'm so glad to see you have a blog! We have a chocolate and yellow lab too!! Our chocolate is names Coco, but I call him Devil Spawn because he is evil & jumps ALL THE TIME!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Rachel!
Its your neighbors across the street!!! I found your blog thru Teresa Graves' blog! Whats you email so I can add you to my "private" blog! We missed you last time we had an appointment @ the clinic!
Talk to you soon.
Adam,Lesley, and Katherine Skinner

Rachel said...

My e-mail is rlf01@uark.edu